Northeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership

Need healthy food options for you and your children?

We've got a solution for that.

Apply Now to See if You Qualify

Nebraska Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program

Nebraska Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program (WIC) provides FREE healthy food and breastfeeding/nutrition information to help keep pregnant women, infants, and children under five healthy and strong.

We know parents want what is best for their family. We can help get healthy food in the hands of mothers, infants, and children in Nebraska.

What You Need to Apply

  • Proof of Medicaid, SNAP, 599 CHIP, or ADC Assistance if You Receive It
  • Financial Qualifications
  • Proof of Address
  • Proof of Identification
  • Basic Medical/Nutrition Assessment


  • Must live in Nebraska
  • Pregnant, breastfeeding, or recently had a baby
  • Infants and children in the home are under 5 years of age
  • Have a nutritional risk
  • Gross household income is less than or equal to the income guidelines
  • You are automatically eligible for WIC if you currently receive ADC, SNAP, 599 CHIP, or Medicaid
  • Fathers, guardians, or foster parents may also apply for WIC for their children

When You Can Receive Food Benefits

Pregnant moms receive nutrition assistance for six months postpartum, even if they experience a miscarriage. Nursing moms continue to receive nutrition assistance the entire first year while breastfeeding.

Food Packages for Pregnant & Postpartum Moms

  • Prenatal - 6 mo. postpartum
  • Birth - 1 year

Infants & Children

  • Birth - 1 year | Formula
  • 6 months | Additional baby food and cereal
  • 9 months | Additional fruits and vegetables
  • 1 - 5 years old | Nutritional food packages

What You Receive

You will receive checks to buy foods, such as:

  • Fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables
  • 100% whole wheat bread, brown rice, or tortillas
  • Dried or canned beans
  • Milk
  • Cereal
  • 100% fruit juice
  • Cheese
  • Peanut butter
  • Eggs
  • Tuna or salmon
  • Baby food fruits and vegetables
  • Iron-fortified baby cereal
  • Infant formula

Our helpful staff can offer resources, support, education, and answer your questions about the following:

Breastfeeding Support

Breastmilk is best for babies. We offer lactation support and education about breastfeeding.

Nutrition Education

The WIC foods are specifically designed to provide vitamins A and C, iron, calcium, protein, fiber, and whole grains. In addition, WIC provides counseling on how to shop healthy and use your WIC foods. Learn how to eat healthy during your pregnancy and how to best feed your children.

Resources & Program Referrals

WIC can connect you with other important programs and services commonly needed by families with young children: doctors, health centers, clinics, dentists, immunizations, SNAP, ADC, or Medicaid. WIC provides psychological support for women, and for additional counseling, they can offer referrals.

Office Locations

Neligh | Oakland | Tekamah | Hartington | West Point | Wisner | Wakefield | Ponca | Creighton | Plainview | Pender | Wahoo | Blair | Wayne | Fremont | Norfolk | South Sioux City
NENCAP is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. People with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information should contact the Agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866)632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202)690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.