Need healthy food options for you and your children?
We've got a solution for that.
Apply Now to See if You Qualify
Nebraska Women, Infants and Children Nutrition Program (WIC) provides FREE healthy food and breastfeeding/nutrition information to help keep pregnant women, infants, and children under five healthy and strong.
We know parents want what is best for their family. We can help get healthy food in the hands of mothers, infants, and children in Nebraska.
What You Need to Apply
- Proof of Medicaid, SNAP, 599 CHIP, or ADC Assistance if You Receive It
- Financial Qualifications
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Identification
- Basic Medical/Nutrition Assessment
- Must live in Nebraska
- Pregnant, breastfeeding, or recently had a baby
- Infants and children in the home are under 5 years of age
- Have a nutritional risk
- Gross household income is less than or equal to the income guidelines
- You are automatically eligible for WIC if you currently receive ADC, SNAP, 599 CHIP, or Medicaid
- Fathers, guardians, or foster parents may also apply for WIC for their children
When You Can Receive Food Benefits
Pregnant moms receive nutrition assistance for six months postpartum, even if they experience a miscarriage. Nursing moms continue to receive nutrition assistance the entire first year while breastfeeding.
Food Packages for Pregnant & Postpartum Moms
- Prenatal - 6 mo. postpartum
- Birth - 1 year
Infants & Children
- Birth - 1 year | Formula
- 6 months | Additional baby food and cereal
- 9 months | Additional fruits and vegetables
- 1 - 5 years old | Nutritional food packages
What You Receive
You will receive checks to buy foods, such as:
- Fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables
- 100% whole wheat bread, brown rice, or tortillas
- Dried or canned beans
- 100% fruit juice
- Peanut butter
- Tuna or salmon
- Baby food fruits and vegetables
- Iron-fortified baby cereal
- Infant formula
Our helpful staff can offer resources, support, education, and answer your questions about the following:
Breastmilk is best for babies. We offer lactation support and education about breastfeeding.
The WIC foods are specifically designed to provide vitamins A and C, iron, calcium, protein, fiber, and whole grains. In addition, WIC provides counseling on how to shop healthy and use your WIC foods. Learn how to eat healthy during your pregnancy and how to best feed your children.
Resources & Program Referrals
WIC can connect you with other important programs and services commonly needed by families with young children: doctors, health centers, clinics, dentists, immunizations, SNAP, ADC, or Medicaid. WIC provides psychological support for women, and for additional counseling, they can offer referrals.