Do you have basic home improvement skills and looking for a meaningful career where your skills can make a difference in people’s lives?
What is weatherization?
Weatherization is home improvements done to increase energy efficiency. Typical weatherization measures that are done to homes include: sidewall and attic insulation, caulking and weatherstripping. After a home has been weatherized, energy used for heating is often reduced by an average of 32%.
- Installation of weatherization materials on homes according to the job order including tracking of materials. This may include but not limited to weather stripping, caulking, attic and wall insulation, foundation insulation, replacement of broken glass and similar work.
- Accountable for the quality and quantity of all materials installed.
- Perform all procedures required by the Nebraska Department of Environment and Energy.
- Attend training sessions/meetings as required by the program.
- Maintain confidentiality of participant information and follow Program and Agency standards, policies, and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in basic construction knowledge preferred but will train the right individual.
- Able to lift ladders, scaffolding, pre-hung doors, window, up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to crawl, stoop, stand, and bend to perform required weatherization measures.
- Ability to work in varying conditions with exposure to any or all the following either indoors or outdoors: heat, cold, dust, dirt, heights, and confined spaces.
- Ability to drive a pickup and trailer.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and able to comply with the Agency’s auto insurance standards.
Work Schedule: Full time positions work a 40-hour week, Monday – Thursday, 7 am – 5:30 pm. Part time/Seasonal positions available with work hours between 7 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Thursday. Daily travel throughout our 14-county service area. Occasional overnight travel could be required for training purposes.
WAGE & BENEFITS: New starting wage is $20.00 an hour. Benefits include health, life, dental and vision insurance. NENCAP pays 100% of the premiums for health, life, dental and vision premiums for our employees to receive FREE individual coverage! Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, EAP, 401K Retirement.
TO APPLY:To apply, submit a completed Agency application. No resumes accepted. Send applications to Northeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership, PO Box 667, Pender, NE 68047-0667. Additional questions? Contact HR at 1-800-441-800-445-2505 or 402-385-6300. Position open until filled.
100% Federally Funded Program