Looking for parenting support, but don’t know exactly what for?
We've got a solution for that.
Contact Us to Apply Now
This one-to-one, personalized program is designed to meet your family’s specific parenting needs, whatever they may be. Every family has strengths to build upon. A Healthy Families Advocate will work with you to support you, your child, and your family.
We believe a child’s first and most important teacher is his or her parent/caregiver.
Partnering with a Healthy Families Advocate can give you:
- ideas to help you bond with your child through daily interactions and play.
- information about milestones and how to support your child’s development.
- assistance accessing needed community resources.
- Live in the 14-county service area
- Be pregnant or have a child under 3 months of age
- Be a willing participant
- No income guidelines
How We Help
- Home visits are typically an hour long.
- We offer Ages & Stages child development screenings.
- Healthy Families is voluntary, however requires your active participation.
- Healthy Families Advocates use the Growing Great Kids curriculum.
- We offer participation in Healthy Families for three to five years.
- Certified Parenting Classes are available upon request.
We serve the counties of Antelope, Burt, Cedar, Cuming, Dakota, Dixon, Dodge, Knox, Madison, Pierce, Stanton, Thurston, Washington, and Wayne.
Funding for Healthy Families is provided by Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health.