Healthy Families Program
Contact Us to Apply Now
This one-to-one, personalized program is designed to meet your family’s specific parenting needs, whatever they may be. Every family has strengths to build upon. A Healthy Families Advocate will work with you to support you, your child, and your family.
We believe a child’s first and most important teacher is his or her parent/caregiver.
Partnering with a Healthy Families Advocate can give you:
- ideas to help you bond with your child through daily interactions and play.
- information about milestones and how to support your child’s development.
- assistance accessing needed community resources.
- Live in the 14-county service area (Service area includes the following counties of: Antelope, Burt, Cedar, Cuming, Dakota, Dixon, Dodge, Knox, Madison, Pierce, Stanton, Thurston, Washington, and Wayne.)
- Be pregnant or have a child under 3 months of age
- Be a willing participant
- No income guidelines
How We Help
- Ages & Stages child development screenings
- Educates from the Growing Great Kids curriculum
- Healthy Families is voluntary; however, requires active participation
- Home visits to address any questions and/or concerns
- Participation in Healthy Families is typically three to five years
Funding for Healthy Families is provided by Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Public Health.