Need tuition-free preschool, pre-K, and early childhood education?
We've got a solution for that.
Apply Now to See if You Qualify
The Head Start and Early Head Start Programs are a resource for families to gain access to early childhood education services.
Northeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership provides high-quality, dual-generation early childhood education services to children and families living in poverty.
Providing families with the necessary tools and compassionate support they need to move forward successfully is what we do. Our educators and engagement teams partner with parents and caregivers to provide families with ongoing support and assistance in establishing goals, working to achieve economic stability, and giving them a good foundation for being their child’s first and most important teacher. Through home-based and center-based programs, we are able to meet the needs of families.
Children prenatal to age 3 are eligible for Early Head Start which offers two options:
- Home visits for pregnant women, infants, and children up to age 3 after which they may transition to a Head Start Center.
- Center-based programs at an Early Head Start center is provided to children with parents who receive parenting support through home visits.
Children age 3 to 5 are eligible for Head Start, a preschool and pre-K program that prepares them for kindergarten.
Families of all income levels are encouraged to apply with enrollment based on a point system determined by our application process. Criteria for the system include:
- Child with disability
- Foster child
- Families facing hardship
- Other qualifying factors - Contact us to see if you may qualify
What You Need to Apply
- Immunization Records
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Income
- If applicable, Medicaid/Insurance Number
What Are the Benefits?
- A safe and nurturing learning environment
- Breakfast and lunch for preschool and pre-K programs
- Social skill development including following directions, and working and playing individually and with others
- Language skill development by listening and asking questions
- Development of a good self-concept and respect for others
- Fun field trips in and around the community
- Opportunities for active involvement in your child’s education and in the operation of programs
- Offers for comprehensive health screenings for their children – physical, dental, vision, hearing, speech, developmental and social screenings, and immunizations
- Support that connects them to community resources
- Educational opportunities for parents and childcare providers including nutritional education
- Opportunities to build partnerships with local service providers and civic organizations
- A return of federal dollars to the community
- A strengthening of the next generation
- Opportunities for businesses and individuals to assist children and families by volunteering and supporting the local Head Start Center
Norfolk Head Start
301 E Omaha Ave, Norfolk, NE
Wayne Head Start
1210 E 12th Street, Wayne, NE
South Sioux City Head Start
2120 Dakota Ave South, Sioux City, NE
Early Head Start
Siouxland Family Center Head Start & Early Head Start
1401 Pine Street, Dakota City, NE
247 N Hwy 12, Niobrara, NE
400 North Brewster, Oakland, NE
2500 West Norfolk Ave, Norfolk, NE
602 Main St, Walthill, NE
Blair Community Schools
1100 Deerfield Blvd, Blair, NE
801 18th St, Wisner, NE
507 7th Street, Stanton, NE