Northeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership is looking for EARLY CHILDHOOD TEACHER AIDES to work in our HEAD START and EARLY HEAD START Programs at the Siouxland Family Center and Dakota Avenue locations. 40 hours per week M-F. Hourly wage plus benefits. May be subject to layoff periods. Bilingual skills a plus. There are immediate openings for Teacher Aides for Early Head Start. Teacher Aide positions for Head Start will begin with the new school year.
The starting wage for Teacher Aide positions is $11.00 per hour, plus benefits. Education and experience will be considered and may increase the starting wage for Aide positions.
• Teacher Aides for Early Head Start assist the Teacher as directed. Promote nurturing and bonding relationships. Implement appropriate early childhood education experiences. Encourage self-help skills and provide consistent routines. Assist children in establishing good habits of personal hygiene; change diapers so children are comfortable. Record observations of children and assist the Teacher in entering observations. Perform cleaning duties as required by the center to ensure cleanliness and neatness. Frequent kneeling, stooping, bending, and lifting of children up to 50 pounds. Possess basic computer skills Maintain confidentiality of program participants and follow Program and Agency standards and policies.
• Teacher Aides for Head Start assist the Teacher in planning and carrying out the educational activities of the center. Record observations for children and assist the Teacher in entering observations and placing children on GOLD. Plan and implement one day per week on the lesson plan. Fill in during the Teacher’s absences. Complete assigned nutrition duties. Ensure playground safety and complete appropriate checklists. Check and restock the First Aid Kit on a monthly basis. Perform cleaning duties as required by the center. Frequent kneeling, stooping, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds. Possess basic computer skills. Maintain confidentiality of program participants and follow Program and Agency standards and policies.
Education needed: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and one of the following:
- A Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
- Enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within 2 years.
- Have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in any field or be enrolled in a program leading to such a degree.
The program provides opportunities for staff to obtain a Child Development Associate Credential or advance a degree.
Job application, job description, complete education requirements for each position, wage and benefit information are located on our website www.nencap.org under the Employment link or contact HR at 1-800-445-2505 or 402-385-6300. To apply, submit a completed Agency application with education credentials or transcripts. No resumes accepted. Send applications to Northeast Nebraska Community Action Partnership,
P O Box 667, Pender, NE 68047-0667. Positions open until filled.
EOE 80% Federally Funded Non-Profit Agency
Benefits include health, life, dental and vision insurance. Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, EAP, 401K Retirement.